Writing a will can save those closest to you from the heartache and trouble that is often caused by dying without one.
Yet according to research by the National Consumer Council, more than 6 out of every 10 people in the UK haven’t made a will, and a staggering half of us never do.
Many people believe that if they don’t write a will, all their possessions will automatically go to their husband, wife or partner. But it’s not as simple as that.
Dying without a will means a person’s belongings are subject to a set of fixed rules (called ‘intestacy laws‘. Challenging these can be expensive, and there’s no guarantee that the person’s wishes will be fulfilled.
Making a legally valid Will doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
Over one million people have successfully made a legally valid Will with Lawpack. And you can join them today from just £14.99.
- Provide for your loved ones
- Protect your children
- Make special gifts to friends, family or charities
7 reasons why you should write a will today
- You can control who will inherit your money and property after your death.
- You decide who is the best person to handle your financial affairs.
- If you have dependant children, you can name a guardian for them.
- You can save on inheritance tax.
- You can express your wishes about funeral arrangements.
- If you marry or divorce, a will can reflect your changed circumstances.
- If you’re unmarried with no will, your partner may receive nothing.
Lawpack’s Last Will & Testament DIY Standard Pack
- Only £14.99
- Solicitor approved
- Comprehensive Guidance
- Simple to complete Forms
- Also available as a ‘Download Now’ ePack